James Bamford began his career in the film industry back in 1990 as a stuntman for actor Michael Dudikoff on the Stephen J. Cannell series “COBRA”. Throughout the years as his career continued he went on as a stunt double for David Duchovny on the award winning Chris Carter series “The X-Files” ……later as an actor, stunt coordinator, 2nd Unit Director, Director, and finally Producing Director on over 150 other television series and feature films in the course of the last 30 years.
With almost 30 years experience working within the film industry, James arrives on set as one of the most prepared, and confident directors in the world of television to date. His years spent in production meetings, rehearsals, and on set have taught things you just don’t learn in film school. He paid attention….. attention to detail, attention to the creative flow of the experienced professionals around him, and attention to the inner workings of the craft itself.
Embracing hard work, and any challenge that comes his way James is considered a full package film maker who arrives on set with a fully executable plan, a vision, a creative and collaborative opinion, and a decisive manner working with any film crew.
- Nominated Leo Award 2016 – Best Direction in a Dramatic Series – Arrow
- Leo Award 2016 – Best Stunt Co-ordination in a Dramatic Series – Arrow
- TOIFA (Times of India Film Award) 2013 – Best Action – Ek Tha Tiger
- Leo Award 2013 – Best Stunt Co-ordination in a Television Movie – Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- World Police and Fire Games – Bronze Medalist Karate – Team Canada
- James Bamford combines stunt performing, directing skills to be a go-to helmer for TV series Arrow – The Globe And Mail
- James Bamford Interview, The Man Behind Fight Scenes of the Arrow TV Show – Budomate magazine
- James Bamford Talks Directing Arrow – Access Hollywood
- Arrow Fight Boss Talks Oliver/Dig Role Reversal, Honing His Star and Crafting a Scene 20 Years in the Making – TVLine
- Biz Interview: James Bamford of Arrow – Biz Books